Roller Bogie® Hole Finder
Provides protection and conveyance solution for heavy tools in open hole to prevent tool string damage and minimize momentum loss
In open hole operations, the wellbore surface can be irregular and unpredictable. This can present significant challenges to the deployment of wireline tools, particularly as deviation increases. Momentum is lost every time the leading end of the tool string encounters wellbore irregularities such as ledges or washouts, or debris lying in the low side of the well. The key to effective open hole conveyance lies in mitigating these challenges at the leading end of the tool string. Lifting the leading end of the tool string off the low side of the wellbore mitigates momentum loss and possible damage from impacts as it is run in hole. Lifting the lower end of the tool string also prevents or reduces the “snow ploughing” effect when there is debris or sand accumulation in the well. Where wellbore enlargement is severe, it may be impossible to prevent the tool string from entering washout zones. In this case, it is essential that the bottom end is equipped with the means of both protecting the tool string and returning the tool string effectively to the main wellbore. The Roller Bogie® Hole Finder provides the required protection and conveyance solution for heavy tools in open hole, guiding the leading end of the tool string and minimizing momentum loss.
- Self-orienting design
- Large leading roller ball swivels independently
- Interchangeable “clam-shell” roller body sizes
- Low friction dual rollers
- Streamlined profile
- Robust and durable tool design
- Low maintenance
- All major service companies’ string end connection types available
- Extends the envelope for wireline deployed high deviation logging.
- Enables delivery of high quality data through wireline logging.
- Improves data quality by eliminating tool string “slip-stick”, achieving more constant logging speeds.
- Reduces operational cost and risk profile significantly, in comparison to pipe conveyed logging.
- Negotiates ledges and wash-outs that would normally prevent wireline tool strings from reaching total depth.
*Tool weights and lengths are average values per Roller Bogie size.
**Recommended maximum tool string OD.
- Formation Evaluation
- Formation Sampling
Roller Bogie® tools are original designs by Impact Selector and are protected by patent. They are not available elsewhere. Roller Bogie® is a registered trademark of Impact Selector.