Roller Bogie® E-Line Open Hole
Run wire line safely at greater deviations before costly alternatives need to be considered
Open hole wire line logging is relatively straightforward in vertical wells. As deviation increases to even moderate angles, the resulting to even moderate angles, the resulting friction between these heavy tools and the variable wellbore surface can restrict wire line conveyance or even make it impossible.
Greater deviation also increases the risk of differential sticking and such difficult conditions may cause wire line to be abandoned and hugely increase costs incurred for pipe-conveyed logging operations.
With its long experience in conveyance solutions, Impact Selector’s unique patented roller technology increases the safe operating envelope for wireline tools in open hole. Wireline can now be run safely at greater deviations than has previously been possible, before costly alternatives such as pipe-conveyed logging needs to be considered.
The roller body rotates freely around the mandrel which is connected to the host tool string. The high- lift roller design stands the tool string off the side wall to ensure maximum tool string momentum and to manage the risk of differential sticking. Various size roller body sets can be supplied depending upon the hole, casing size and tool string OD and are clamped around the mandrel, without the need for re-wiring.
With a large standoff to protect against differential sticking and high-lift rollers to eliminate friction; the Open Hole Roller Bogie® tool enables easier and deeper access with much reduced risk. Tools are available in a range of sizes and can be re-sized without removal from the wireline tool string.
- Self-orienting design
- Interchangeable “clam-shell” roller body sizes
- Low friction dual rollers
- Streamlined profile
- Robust and durable tool design
- Low maintenance
- All major service companies’ multi-conductor connection types available
- Extends the envelope for wireline deployed high deviation logging.
- Enables delivery of high quality data through wireline logging.
- Improves data quality by eliminating tool string “slip-stick”, achieving more constant logging speeds.
- Reduces operational cost and risk profile significantly in comparison to pipe conveyed logging.
- Reduce the risk of tool string differential sticking.
*Tool weights and lengths are average values per Roller Bogie® size.
- Formulation Evaluation
- Formations Sampling
- Cement Evaluation, Cased Hole
- Plug Setting, Cased Hole
Roller Bogie® tools are original designs by Impact Selector and are protected by patent. They are not available elsewhere. Roller Bogie® is a registered trademark of Impact Selector.