Ballistic Roller Bogie®
Reach extended depths and higher deviations without need for costly services
Impact Selector’s Ballistic Roller Bogie® tool is designed to work in perforating operations in conjunction with mono-conductor and guide roller bogies® to create a complete roller system and are used in most electric-line ballistic operations. Roller Bogie® tools reduce frictional resistance and enable access to high deviations. With a proven track record of success at inclinations up to 87° and at depths in excess of 25,000 feet, the Roller Bogie® tool is extremely robust, reliable and widely used in over 50 countries across six continents. Ballistic Roller Bogie® tools can be installed in between gun sections and lifts the string on to highly efficient rollers, eliminating contact friction and allowing easier and deeper wellbore access.
The roller body rotates freely around the mandrel which is connected to the host tool string. The unique body shape ensures the rollers are at all times oriented to the low side of the tubing.
Ballistic Roller Bogie® tools are available in a wide range of sizes to pass through all wellbore restrictions and can be ordered with a choice of connection types to suit individual tool string requirements, including profiled bullnose guides when run at the boom of wireline tool strings.
- Self-orienting design
- Low friction dual rollers
- Streamlined profile
- Robust and durable tool design
- Low maintenance requirements
- Available for all tubing sizes
- Reach extended depths and higher deviations without need for costly services such as coiled tubing or wireline tractors.
- Deploy longer perforating guns in deviated wells.
- Protect high value equipment from frictional wear.
- Improve cable management by reducing erratic loading.
Roller Bogie® tools are original designs by Impact Selector and are protected by patent. They are not available elsewhere. Roller Bogie® is a registered trademark of Impact Selector.